Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Bodycount #3 of 4

Writer: Kevin Eastman
Artist: Simon Bisley
Publisher: Image Comics
Published: May 1996

I love the TMNT. Always have. Always will. So the day I read Bodycount by Bisley and Eastman, I must admit, I was a tad bit disappointed. The series is pretty much a blood splatter, balls-to-the-wall orgy of violence and chaos. There is a slight plot of crazy killer bad guys chasing Casey Jones and Raphael over something or other, but the main thing I got out of this series was "let's see how many things/people we can kill and make explode." Raphael is a nutcase, and Casey is a lesser degree of nutcase. Storywise I found it lacking, but then again, I'm picky with my TMNT stories. However, if you like things exploding, tough guy machoisms, big breasted ladies, pimps, drugs, guns - lots of guns, blood, and Raphael wearing blue jeans - then this is the series for you.

Raphael in blue jeans somehow works. Go green.

No comments: