Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Clive Barker's Night Breed # 21

Writer: Nicholas Vince
Artist: Colleen Doran
Publisher: EPIC comics
Published: November 1992

Over a 100 comics down, and in my quest to find unique (or at least different comics) I haven't had much of a problem in reading an issue midway through a series and not being too baffled. However, today I read Cliver Barker's Night Breed # 21, and I must admit I am completely lost as to what the hell is going on.


Sometimes when we touch, the honesty's too much

I've read some Clive Barker novels, and I've seen at least 4 Hellraiser films, so I kinda know what Barker is all about: magic, different realms, sex, gore, names I can't pronounce, and horrific creatures. I figured this knowledge would transfer over to this read, and in some ways it does. Night Breed has got all these elements, but that's about as much as I've picked up on. So not to belabor the point, I have no idea what is going on this story, so I'm just going to post some scans.

l-l-l-lazy eye!

No comments: